I just love to paint on fabric! This little journal was a lot of fun and so easy to make! I found this journal at Wal Mart a couple of years ago. I have also found the journals at the dollar store. Cut a piece of fabric to fit your journal. Then, use Elmers glue, watered down just a little and then brush the glue on to the journal and place the fabric over it. Smooth it down and let it dry, checking it often and smoothing the fabric so that you don't have any lumps. After it dries, pick a fun pattern to paint on to the cover. I like to cut our my pieces of the pattern and then use a piece of chalk to outline the design. Now you can start painting! When you are finished, Take a strip of a different fabric and open the journal and tie the strip through the center and then tie on the outside adding a little bunch of dried flowers! What a special and fun project this is. This makes a really special piece to place on a table, maybe with your favorite little lamp or this makes a wonderful gift for a friend or family! I hope that you have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting my blog!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Wonderful Terrye! I love it!Hugs,Lynn
ReplyDeleteLove this Terrye!
ReplyDeleteWhat a really pretty and wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing:)
ReplyDelete~Lori
This is such a lovely idea Terrye. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Robyn